Friday 2 November 2018

Dress Pillows #3


This is another Dress Pillow I made as part of a set that I gifted to my niece. The first two I made can be seen HERE and HERE. However this dress pillow is a little different from my first two as this did not start out as a dress at all but was in fact a baby sleepsuit. In order to make this into a pillow I remove the legs that made up the bottom half of this suit and also trimmed the sleeves from its original long sleeves to the caped sleeves seen here.

The cute butterfly design, along with the embroidery on the bib of this sleepsuit, makes for such a sweet pillow for a little girls room. This pillow is also a nice little keepsake for a favoured piece of baby clothing that my sister don't want to just store away in a box somewhere, but wanted to be able to display and use. I found it was nice to be able to come up with the idea, as simple as it is, to turn these precious baby mementos into something new and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment