Friday 8 June 2018

Dress Pillows #2


This is yet another Dress Pillow that I made for my niece, I actually made a few that I bundled together with a cute ribbon as a birthday gift. These dress pillows are literally just that, pillows made from the dresses that were worn by my niece as a baby. These were some of my sisters favourite dresses that her little girl wore and she didn't want to part with them, nor did she want to just stick them in a box somewhere, so this is what I came up with.

To make these keepsake Dress Pillows I simply sewed all the openings shut and then stuffed, and stuffed, and stuffed. I hand stitched the bottom edge, two sleeves and kept the neck for last to insert the stuffing. These are such unique decorative pillows or, as my niece prefers to use then, playmates for a fun tea party. I have to apologise here for the quality of the pictures, I had only minutes to take photos before these were given away.

No comments:

Post a Comment