Friday 23 November 2018

Plush Rodent


This cheeky little critter was made from another vintage pattern I happened across. He stands about an inch taller then the Beanie Rodent I made and as you will see he is also a lot wider, so I decided to instead stuff this fella in order to accentuate his shape, instead of using plastic pellets like I did for the Beanie Rodent and My Beanie Mouse.


The pattern for this actually recommends using fur fabric which I think would have looked great, however as I use only recycled materials and I had no fur fabric this is what I came up with. I used the white on the belly and in the ears to contrast with the darker maroon colour of the body and tail, black was used for the paws, embroidered nose and safety eyes and a pink tongue completes this plush.


The total height, including the ears, is about 13.5cm, so he is quite a comfortable hand held size, and with a tail 19cm long, he is also quite comfortably swung about, not that I'm actually in the habit of swinging him by his tail. Front on this critter is about 6.5cm wide, however as seen in the picture below, he is much wider side on measuring closer to 10cm.


I love finding old vintage patterns that are not commonly used any more but are still cute and unique, like this little critter. I think a larger more cuddle friendly version of this would make such a great gift for little ones. In the meantime this little fella will join the Beanie Rodent and My Beanie Mouse on my increasingly crowded bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment