Friday 16 November 2018

Supergirl Key Chain + Necklace + Hairband


This is an iron bead gift set I created for a special someone who is a fan of the cartoon series DC Superhero Girls. Supergirl is a specific favourite of her's, and so I thought this a fun accompaniment to go along with her Supergirl & Wonder Woman topsy turvy doll I had previously made her, seen here. The Supergirl symbol was one I found online, but the rest of the pieces were designed by me.


All the pieces making up this set, except for the last piece, were created using a square peg board and iron beads, also known as perler, hama and pyssla beads. The key chain of Supergirl was designed by me. She is small, about 6.5 cm tall, which is a cute size for a keyring. Once she was designed and ironed together I added a jump ring and a cord that I made myself from a waxed blue cord, cord ends, smaller jump rings and a lobster clasp.


The necklace was designed to resemble this version of Supergirl outfit, namely her collar and Super symbol. I used my Sailor Moon Fuku Necklace for reference when designing this. After the pieces were ironed I connected them with jump rings and then made the chain from a silk blue cord, cord ends, smaller jump rings, a lobster clasp and added a few chain links to make the necklace size adjustable if needed.


This last piece is Supergirl's crystal pendant, a gift from her mother, that I decided I liked better as a headband. This was so simple to design, for this one piece I used a star peg board to create the diamond shape and after ironing this was hot glued to a plain black head band that I bought from ebay. Overall I was very pleased with how this Supergirl gift set turned out, I especially liked the necklace which is definitely a statement piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment