Friday 25 May 2018

Beanie Rodent


Another cute and sweet little beanie rodent, and new little friend for My Beanie Mouse. This little fella was made from a vintage pattern I found and as it was such an adorable creature I couldn't help make him. He is similar in size to my beanie mouse only this beanie rodent stands on two feet and my beanie mouse is down on all four paws.


This little cutie is made from a blue/grey material, as is his very slim tail. Black is used for all four paws, his ears and safety eyes to contrast contrast his body colour. I also used black to stitch his little nose and mouth. His hand were actually stitched into the seam of the belly, while his feet are top stitched to the finished body.


This finished beanie rodent stands about 10cm tall and is about 7cm wide across his belly (13cm including the tail). Although I did slightly add a little stuffing to the tail, I did not add any to the paws or ears. The body of this beanie is filled with plastic pellets to give him a soft and playful feel, as I did with my beanie mouse.


This little beanie rodent was so fun to make and turned out so cute. I can just imagine making a whole collection of these in a variety of colours, which I guess I will have to do at some stage as I am now excited to see how that would turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment