Friday 11 October 2019

Mini Hanky Pouches


These sweet little pouches were actually made from a paper printable. I have printed onto fabric a couple of times before with some success, seen HERE and HERE. So I decided to print these very pretty vintage inspired hanky designs onto fabric also. This was done by taping the fabric to a piece of paper before putting it through the printer in order to give the fabric more stability. Unfortunately there was one hanky design that misprinted along the top edge. So when sewing these pouches together by hand, as I do with everything I sew, I instead decided to use velcro to complete that pouch.


For the other two pouches I used a waxed cord to make the drawstrings. These pouches are only small, with the two drawstring pouches measuring about 12cm by 12cm, and the velcro pouch measuring about 12cm by 10cm. Originally these paper hankies were designed to be letter writing sheets for guest to leave messages on, then they could be hung up, bunting style, as decoration for that celebration as an alternative to a guestbook. However I'm sure there are many creative ways this Freebie can be used. Download from the Eat Drink Chic blog HERE FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment