Friday 25 October 2019

Harry Potter Wand Bookmarks Framed Set


A few months back I made these colourful iron bead wizarding wand bookmarks. These were for the characters of Harry, Ron and Hermione, Dumbledore, Voldemort and Bellatrix, and Neville, Luna and Fleur. As I already have quite a few bookmarks I found I wasn't really using these and they were just left in a sad little pile on my desk. I wanted to do something fun with these and thought they would look cute displayed somehow and this is what I can up with.


I had this old picture frame that I think used to be gold, but it was not looking great, so I gave it new life with a few coats of white paint. After that was done and sealed I gave it a white backing board, as I wanted a nice clean looking frame for these colourful wands, and added the wands. I originally thought to add names under the wands, but once I had the wands placed I decided to leave the names off as it might have looked too cluttered.


This is the finished look hanging on the wall, which I am very pleased with. It's a nice and simple alternative to having a set of real full sized wizarding wands hanging on your wall, especially if you don't have the space, or funds, for that. I have patterns for each wand available if your interested in making a set of your own, either to display as I have, to use as bookmarks, or for any other purpose you desire. Click to find patterns for Harry, Ron and Hermione, Dumbledore, Voldemort and Bellatrix, and Neville, Luna and Fleur

No comments:

Post a Comment