Friday 4 October 2019

Faery Rag Doll #7


It's been a about a year since I made one of my faery rag dolls, but I recently had the desire to make another and so I did. This new beautiful redhead faery doll has found a home next to my brunette faery doll on my bookshelf amongst some of my favourite books.


This lovely faery was made in the same way as my previous faery dolls, and I'm finding the more of these I make the faster I am getting at making these. This is a good thing because I plan on making more of these and as a hand-sewer, sewing anything by hand takes a long time.


As with all my other faery dolls, this faery has a blanket stitched fringe, embroidered ears and black safety eyes. I just adore her bright red hair with her blue flowered dress, and the floral wings are the same material used for my previous brunette faery rag doll.


The full height of these dolls are about 24cm from head to toe and the full wingspan is about 16cm. All my faery dolls have reinforced wings that allow them to hold up one their own without flopping over but are still soft enough to allow them to be squashed and played with by little hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment