Friday 18 October 2019

Pocket Witch Dolls


Just a quick little something, Halloween inspired, are these pocket sized witch dolls or totems. These little witches are very small, the standing witch measuring 7cm tall and the witch on broom is 5cm tall. This miniature size made these quick to hand-sew but very very tricky when it came to turning the sewn fabric inside-out, or right-side-out. Stuffing these was also quite fiddly.


For these pocket witch dolls I decided to use a floral pattern, keeping the witches more abstract in design. As it is technically Spring here in Australia where I live, I liked the idea of softer colours for these little dolls as opposed to the traditional witchy colours of orange, green, purple or black. The actual design or pattern for these comes straight from a couple of witch cookie cutters I own, only I shrank the image to making these smaller then the original size.

No comments:

Post a Comment