Friday 5 July 2019

My Little Pony Parasol Inspired Plush


Growing up I owned a My Little Pony, as I suppose most of us did, and so for my young nieces I decided to make some plush My Little Pony toys. In my opinion the newer My Little Pony's are not as cute as the original ones I had as a child, but I admit I could be biased about that. Either way I had fond memories of these sweet little ponies and hope my nieces will enjoy these just as much.


For this particular pony I decided to base it on the My Little Pony character of Parasol. A pink pony with rainbow hair and featuring mini little umbrellas. My previous plush pony was made to resemble the character of Snuzzle, which I chose for its cute little hearts, but this pony was especially chosen as I had often jokingly referred to my niece as "Bella Umbrella".


The pattern for these plush ponies of mine was found online with a google search, and there are plenty of free pony and horses patterns to be found if curious. I hand sewed the pieces separately before attaching the ears and legs to the main body. The legs are fully moveable allowing this pony to either sit or stand and the eyes, umbrellas and name were all embroidered before adding the yarn for the mane and tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment