Friday 26 July 2019

Dress Pillows #5


This is the last Dress Pillow that I made as part of a set that was gifted to my niece. I call them Dress Pillows because I made them from literal dresses, as well as tops and sleepsuits that my niece wore as a baby. I came up with the the idea to make these Dress Pillows because I liked that these could be functional and pretty keepsakes as pillows, as opposed to just keeping these baby outfits in a draw or storage box somewhere.

Making these Dress Pillows was very simple. While turned inside-out I sewed the bottom hem shut, then sewed the two sleeves closed. After this I turned the dress right-side-out then stitched the neck line. Before I closed the neck I stuffed the dress with stuffing until full. As with all my makes these were sewn by hand. Again I have to apologise here for the quality of the pictures as I had only minutes to take photos before these were given away.

No comments:

Post a Comment