Friday 17 August 2018

Poison Ivy Key Chain + Necklace + Hairband


Lately I have been playing around with iron beads, creating a lot of different makes from designs I have found online but also coming up with a few designs of my own. Something that is a mixture of the two is this is gift set I made for a special little someone who is a fan of the DC Superhero Girls, I had also previously made her a Poison Ivy & Wonder Woman topsy turvy doll seen here.


For this set I used a square peg board and iron beads, also known as perler, hama and pyssla beads. The first piece is a key chain of Poison Ivy that I actually designed myself. She is small, about 6.5 cm tall, which is a cute size for a keyring. Once she was designed and ironed together I added a jump ring and a cord that I made myself from a waxed green cord, cord ends, smaller jump rings and a lobster clasp.


This necklace was inspired by the flower that is seen on Poison Ivy's belt. The centre flower is from a design I found online, however the vine / leaves were designed by me as I wanted a more statement necklace rather then a plain flower necklace. After the pieces were ironed I connected them with jump rings and then made the chain from a silk green cord, cord ends, smaller jump rings, a lobster clasp and added a few chain links to make the necklace size adjustable if needed.


This last piece, also a flower, was yet another design I found online, however I did have to design the green leaf part myself. After ironing this was hot glued to a plain black head band that I bought from ebay, I actually bought a few of these very cheap. Overall I was very pleased with how this Poison Ivy gift set turned out, I especially liked the necklace which is definitely a statement piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment