Friday 22 November 2019

Venus of Willendorf Pocket Dolls


After making my little god and goddess pocket dolls I wanted to make what is probably one of the most well known goddess like feminine figures, the Venus of Willendorf. For these figures I used a more earthy toned material with white embroidery highlights. The pattern was created by simply taking the basic outline shape of this figure and the highlight were added to define curtain details of this figure.


The smallest Venus figure measures only 5cm tall, with the larger measuring 10cm tall. The finished figures were maybe not as rounded as I would have liked, but I think that was due to the material I used having little stretch width wise creating a figure that is more leaner then the original. Something I'll keep in mind the next time I make one of these. Despite this, though, these little figures turned out quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment