Friday 13 August 2021

My Beanie Koala

A new little creature for my ever growing collection is this cute adorable koala beanie. This native animal is so unique and special, I just had to make one, and he fits in right at home with my ringtail possum beanie I made a while back. I actually have a small collection of beanie animals that I plan to expand in the future.

To create this koala beanie I used My Beanie pattern that I have used for all my beanie animals, for the body and feet at least. As with all my beanie animals I then had to alter the ears, and create a nose that was koala like. Creating the ears did give me some trouble, there were a few different attempts at this to try to get it right, or at least close.

For the koala's body I chose a dark blue denim, partly because I only use recycled materials for all my makes and this was what I had, but I also liked the colour as I thought it was close to some of the grey/blue coloured koala's that you see. I then used the same white material for the belly as I have with my other beanie animals.

As with my other beanies, this koala has black safety eyes and is filled with plastic pellets making him fun and toss-able. And at such a small size being only about 11cm long, he is a comfortable size to hold in one hand or to have keeping you company as a unique little paperweight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment