Friday 13 September 2019

More Acromantulas (inspired by the Harry Potter Series)


Friday the 13th is not the best day to be following a random trail of spiders, especially after what happened the last time I made this mistake, although luckily at that time I ran into only one smaller acromantula. This time it seems I was not so lucky, or maybe I was as I escaped with my life. I don't know what I was thinking, but suddenly I found myself face to face with a number of these giant magical spiders.


These acromantula are of course still very young, I know this because of their size and my ability to escape from them. Also their colouring is very different from the acromantula I encountered at the beginning of the year, which makes me wonder if there is more then one giant acromantula nest out there in the bush by my home. Not such a friendly thought knowing these creatures have the highest classification of XXXXX.


For these new baby acromantulas I used the same pattern I created when I made my first acromantula. However, this time I decided to use an old pair of jeans as I use only materials I have on hand and like to upcycle old clothing and materials when I can. The worn jean material made these spiders very soft, especially after filling the body with plastic pellets. The feet are all filled with a little stuffing and the eyes are all black safety eyes.


These acromantula have been made as gifts and will soon find themselves in new homes as paperweights, spooky decor or as simply something soft and fun to toss about. Initially these little spiders were tricky to put together, especially as I created the pattern myself and had no instructions to refer to, but the more I make these the easier I am finding these to make. Plus with their round little bodies and mismatched eyes, they are too adorable not to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment