Friday 14 June 2019

Baby Niffler - Pistachio


With one baby niffler running about, it was only a matter of time before another one appeared. This little niffler got himself caught rummaging through my shiny jewellery. I couldn't stay mad at him long though, just look at his cute little face. With his light grey coat and distinctive white markings, along with his bright green eyes, this baby niffler is Pistachio. However initially he was introduced as Einstein.


This baby niffler was made from the same pattern as my first baby niffler Persimmon. A pattern that, although based on a basic pattern shape I found online, was heavily edited to create a niffler, and here again edited to create Pistachio' s white fur trim. Although described as grey, or light grey as compared to Persimmon, I ended up using a light blueish denim as I use only recycled materials and that was what I had available.


As with Persimmon, Pistachio has his own bottomless pouch, although maybe not so much bottomless. Once I had all the pieces drawn up, I hand stitched this niffler together. The little hands and feet were a bit tricky to sew and turn out because they were so small, and the hands also had the addition of tiny magnets to allow him to hold onto items that were magnetic.


This baby niffler was given green safety eyes to finish his look. The hands, feet, snout, head and tail were filled with stuffing to define these parts in particular, I then filled the rest of the baby nifflers body with plastic pellets to give him a little more weight and flexibility.


The finished measurements for this cute baby niffler Pistachio are the same as his brother Persimmon's, about 16 cm from snout to tail and about 8 cm from hand to hand when lying flat. I was so pleased that this little niffler turned out just as adorable as my first, and that the featured white fur trim on this niffler turned out as well as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment