Monday 31 October 2016

Teddy Bear


This cute little teddy bear is one of several I made as gifts for my family a few years back. Originally I had planed to make dolls for the girls and bears for the boys, but as I stated in my previous post I was not the happiest with how my doll turned out. This was nothing to do with the actual pattern but with my own skills or lack thereof.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the other teddies I made, only this little one. To make these bears I actually printed the pattern at a reduced size and hand-sewed, which took a while to finish as I made a few of these.

About half the bears were made similar to this bear using old denim jeans for the main body and nose with different coloured fabrics for the details, in this case an old striped shirt was used. The other half were made from flannel for the main body and nose, again with different coloured fabrics for the details. All were given button eyes and a lovely new home, all but this one that sits on my bookshelf.

I was quite pleased with this pattern and how these bears turned, hence the multiple bears made. To make a teddy for yourself or someone you love the pattern and tutorial is available HERE FREE from Joy at How Joyful Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment