Friday 21 December 2018

Mistletoe 3D


While searching the net I came across this design for a 3D Mistletoe and loved it so much I had to try it myself. Unfortunately I can not remember where I found this or who originally made up this design, but regardless it makes a beautiful decorative piece to hang for this time of year.


This piece is made up of two separate pieces that interlock, sliding together at the stem of the mistletoe. Iron beads such as perler, hama or pyssla were used to make this along with two large peg boards for each piece. To the top of the mistletoe I added two jump rings to thread a ribbon through for hanging.


Mistletoe is not something I have ever seen in real life, but I have always loved the look of it as a Christmas ornament, the simple look of green and white is so pretty. So with this mistletoe measuring 18cm tall, without the ribbon, and 20cm wide, it seemed the ideal size to round out my Christmas decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment